Wednesday 10 August 2011

First Day!!







































As most of you know, this has been a very busy two weeks for me. I'm sorry for neglecting my blog, but when I have crawled in bed this week and last, all I've wanted to do is fall asleep immediately. Tonight I'm so pumped about my day that I decided to update. I should probably be in the process of going to sleep because I am now getting up at 5:00 a.m. Not so early for some of you, but a big adjustment for me! It will take some getting used to.


Just a quick update on what has been going on the past week and a half: I have been busy setting up my classroom and getting everything ready for the school year. Starting last Monday, I have been at Lookout everyday from 7 until around 4. My room is finally looking better! I am also very excited to be adding a podium compliments of Ben's dad (It's amazing; I'll post pics of it soon!) and a director's chair this next week! Look for other pics at the bottom of the page. I am trying to keep with a Hollywoodish theme, so if you have any ideas, shoot them my way.


Ben has been busy as well with work. He's almost finished with two of his Kohl's stores so hooray for him! He's really looking forward to that! Also, several of our good friends came to visit this weekend! We had such an amazing time! We were both very excited to show them our city. We ate at some of our favorite places and saw the best of Chattanooga, including the aquarium. I can't wait for them to come back! We are both so forunate to have such great friends!


Along with my blog, I have also been slightly neglecting the cooking. Ben is disappointed in me:( But I told him, it will take time for me to get into a routine. I did cook Monday night since it was the beginning of the week and I wasn't exhausted. We had lemon chicken pasta. It turned out really well! The recipe came out of my new cookbook, Cooking for Two (thanks Dad & Debbie)! This was actually a joint effort at cooking, and as a team, we did really well! The recipe called for putting a bread coating on the chicken and sauteing it. I wanted to try this because my go-to is to always bake chicken. I think the sauteing gave it a very nice flavor! I am actually in the process of preparing a menu for tomorrow night. Ben cannot live without my cooking anymore. Just kidding! But he has been complaining of neglect, so I take that as a good sign!


That brings me to today, my first day as a teacher! I couldn't have dreamed of it going any better! I think I'm getting some really great kids & they seem to think I'm pretty funny so that's a plus! I'm so excited about this year & can't wait to share more with you. I can't thank all of you enough as well for making this day so special for me! I got so many messages and calls and even two bouquets of flowers (thanks to Mom & Tommy & Ben)! I thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! They were definitely heard because not once today was I nervous or had any problems! Hopefully if I have time there will be more updates this week. If not, check back next week!!




Lemon Chicken Pasta! Yum!
























































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment