Thursday 28 July 2011

I'm Getting Better at This

Update for this week: cooking, and life in general, just keeps getting better! We have both had a great week! Ben's been busy working, as have I, getting ready for this next week to start! My days as a teacher officially start Monday. I will post pics of my room next week as soon as its worthy to be shown. We have also had two successful home cooked meals! Well, maybe one semi-successful and one very successful. As I said earlier, Ben and I are attempting to lose a few pounds. Ben bought P90x a while back, and it comes with a diet plan. I am going to try to make meals according to their plan. I found this cool site (myp90xnutritionplan.com) that gave me some great ideas & recipes. Tuesday night I cooked barbeque chicken, burnt green beans, and twice baked potatoes from this lady's recipe collection. The barbeque chicken was great, beans were pretty good, and potatoes could have used a lot of help. As always, Ben said everything was great and went back for seconds. I can be my own worst critic, though. I admit the potatoes were dry, very dry. I will have to find out the tricks to cooking those correctly. I also made lowfat banana pudding! It was a hit! Last night I tried the lady's spaghetti and grilled parmesan zucchini. I believe this was my best meal yet! Her spaghetti recipe was very very good, but the zucchini was incredible. I believe it will become one of my staples for cooking. The recipe said you could grill or broil them. Since our grill takes a long time to heat up, I decided to broil them. They were delicious & so easy! I will not be cooking for the next couple of days as we are about to leave to go to the beach until Sunday. Maybe I'll get some ideas for seafood while I'm there. I would love to do more with seafood! I hope you all have a great weekend & please say a prayer for me as I begin my career on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment