Wednesday 20 July 2011

Cubans and Pudding

Settling in in Chattanooga is going very well! My room is looking and feeling much better, and I began working on my classroom yesterday as well! I am also feeling much more accomplished in the cooking field as well. The roast turned out pretty well the other night. However, I had to get pork instead of beef which wasn't as tasty to me. (Ran out of time & had to get meat at Wal-Mart) Ben did not complain though! He did not complain about the dessert either. In fact, he practically licked the container it was in. We still had leftover roast though. Yesterday I tried to find recipes for leftover pork. My Googling brought me to a recipe for cuban sandwiches. I knew that Ben really likes those, and I wanted to do something more than barbeque pork sandwiches. I am writing a blog about cooking after all! My first attempt at cuban sandwiches was a success! I also had leftover blueberries, so I decided to make blueberry bread pudding with those. It was also a success, a rather huge success even! I think I'm going to enjoy making desserts more than dishes! Side note: Ben and I are supposed to be starting a workout and diet plan, so I'll probably need to cut those out soon, especially when adding ice cream on top!


The other thing that I have learned from the past two days of cooking is that cooking is expensive! I really started to understand this even after 2 days of cooking. Not to mention I am not getting a paycheck yet! I decided to compare, so we went out for dinner tonight instead of cooking. However, it was a little hard to compare since Ben is a growing boy and requires a large amount to fill him up. From now on I think I will include the words cheap and easy in front of recipes that I Google! Or please pass along any that fit that criteria! Here's my first picture to prove that I can not only make things that taste delicious but that also look pretty tasty too:






2 comments: