Sunday 24 July 2011

The Man's Turn

So I know that I haven't posted in a few days, but we are alive! Plus our lives have been pretty regular, or should I say routine, for the past few days. I didn't have any more cooking stories to tell from last week because we mostly ate out the rest of the week. Don't worry, I will have more coming in the next few days. Ben has already started the week off by wanting to know what I would be cooking tonight. I had to turn him down though because we have been lazy mostly all day and I have not had time to prepare a menu. I think he could get used to my cooking! I'm not to the point, yet, that I can just go in the kitchen and whip something together. As my parents keep reminding me, I'll get there!

This weekend was pretty low-key. We did try a new place to eat Friday! I subscribe to Groupon and LivingSocial (and strongly suggest you do too if there's one in your area). Both have a list of places to go in Chattanooga along with dishes that their known for. So Friday we tried a sushi place on the North side of the river. We really have a thing for sushi these days! That's also on my list of things to learn how to make! I'll get there! Ben had to work on Saturday, so I went to Coolidge Park by the river to walk, read, and sunbathe. It was such a beautiful afternoon, and lots of families were at the park with their children. This city is truly one of the most gorgeous places ever! And if I'm still here one day when I have kids, I know now that their is entertainment that doesn't cost for them here. There is an area at the park where water squirts up from the ground, and tons of kids were having the best time running through them! We decided to grill out on Saturday night. This is where the man's turn comes in. I know nothing about grilling, but I'll get there. Or maybe not on second thought because Ben always does a fabulous job with it! It was his turn to nourish me, and nourish me he did! Steak and veggies were the order for the night. It was all divine! We have had a pretty restful day today, and an altogether great weekend! I hope it was the same for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment